The Health Travel Service is provided by Health Information Guernsey in partnership with the Guernsey Health & Social Services Department (HSSD) and the Guernsey Social Security Department (SSD) to help you through the process of travelling to the UK for treatment.
For patients referred off island each year there are many services involved. Often the experience can be confusing at what is already a stressful time.
Links are maintained with liaison officers, travel agents, local health care services, support groups and many other useful contacts.
The aim of the Health Travel Service is to ensure that those being referred for treatment in the U.K (and their families) can have the information they need, when they need it.
The service is available free of charge and provides:
- A central point of contact for the person being referred and for the agencies involved
- Somewhere to contact if you should have any questions before, during or after your medical visit
- Information to help with your off-island travel
- Helpful information packs on the various treatment centres in the U.K.
- Information about accommodation for relatives, friends and carers who may need to travel with you
- An independent and professional service
- Friendly staff experienced in providing information
For more details and information please contact the Health Travel Information Service at the offices of Health Information Guernsey.
Our Office Addresses are as follows:
Health Information Guernsey Health Information Guernsey
Beau Sejour Le Vauquiedor Entrance
Amherst Princess Elizabeth Hospital
St Peter Port St Andrews
GY1 2DH GY4 6UU
Tel No: 01481 707470 (+ answerphone) Tel No: 01481 725241
Fax No: 01481 701310 Ext No: 4054
E-mail: [email protected]
We are open Monday to Friday 10am-4pm.
The answerphone is checked daily